Why hello. Long time no blog.
The semester is drawing to an end so I have had more time to actually cook healthy delicious meals as well as take pictures of them to share with everyone.
This is a Grilled Pizza with Sausage, Onions, and Peppers. It is 6 Weight Watchers points for each pizza. Don’t let the size of the pizza fool you… it is very filling!
Ingredients: (Makes 4 Pizzas)
- 6 oz cooked chicken sausage(s), about 2 links, halved lengthwise, thinly sliced
- 1 small uncooked red onion(s), cut into thin slivers
- 1 small yellow pepper(s), cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1/2 cup(s) store-bought pizza sauce, or tomato sauce
- 4 medium whole wheat tortilla(s)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 3/4 cup(s) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat an outdoor grill to medium (or a grill pan over medium-high heat).
- Place sausage, onion and pepper on grill in a grill basket; cook, flipping once, until sausage is golden and vegetables start to brown, about 4 to 6 minutes. Remove from grill and set aside until ready to use.
- To prepare pizzas, spread 2 tablespoons of sauce on each tortilla. Sprinkle each with 1/4 teaspoon of dried oregano and then top each with 1/4 of sausage-vegetable mixture; top each with 3 tablespoons of cheese.
- Place pizzas on grill (or as many as will fit on grill pan at one time) and cook until edges begin to brown, about 3 to 5 minutes; rotate pizzas. Continue cooking until cheese is bubbly, about 2 to 4 minutes more. Yields 1 pizza per serving.
**I didn’t use I grill while I cooked my pizzas. I baked all of the items on a cookie sheet.**
It is kind of time consuming so make a big batch of onions and peppers (I would double the recipe ingredients for leftovers so all you have to do for your next meal is heat it and eat it).
My internship has come to an end for school. It was bitter sweet ending my time there because I really enjoyed working with everyone and interacting with professionals. As a parting gift, my project manager gave me a Tiki Beach candle from Bath and Body Works.
It smells AMAZING! The sent is that of warm coconut, vanilla musk, and tropical island orchids, with a hint of pina colada. It really takes me to a beach with I close my eyes and smell it. That was so very sweet of her.
I will be presenting my project to my entire class and local area healthcare professionals this Wednesday and my co-workers at the internship said the would come and be in the audience so I will get to reunite with them one last time. Having them there will make me a little more nervous but it will be good to see them again. They will be there for support.
With that said, I should part from the blog today and begin making preparations for my presentation. It is a sin to stay inside today because it is such a beautiful day but school is almost over and you do whatcha gotta do.
Have a fantastic Sunday!